- FOLLOW US...
Preparing your top for quilting
- Do not pin baste your quilt top to the batting and backing.
- Allow at least 3 inches extra on all sides for batting and backing (6 inches wider and longer than your quilt top).
- Square up your backing-especially where there are seams!
- Press all seams well and trim loose threads.
- Do not add embellishments such as buttons, beads, ribbons or charms to your top until after the piece is quilted.
- Trim off selvage edges from seams. The selvage will shrink differently than the rest of the fabric when washed.
- A Flat quilt top will lead to a better end product. Square up all your blocks as you go along, measure your borders thru the CENTER of the quilt and then apply them.
- Please let me know if you will be adding prarie points on the finished edge of your quilt. These are added AFTER the quilt has been quilted. You will need at least 1/2 inch unquilted at the edges.